We were approached by the managing agent to provide a solution after a piece of concrete had fallen from the front facade of the building.
After careful consideration we believed the best way forward was to leave in situ the existing concrete fascia’s and then over cladding them; fully encapsulating the concrete.
We provided a quotation to the managing agent and subsequently gained approval.
The proposal not only solved the issue of further concrete falling away from the building but ultimately mitigated the risk of injury to the public and also considerably improved the aesthetics of the building.
Overview of Works
- Supplied and installed a fully netted independent access scaffold to the front elevation
- Temporarily removed any tenant signage.
- Supplied and installed marine plywood sheets over the concrete panels to provide a solid fixing.
- Supplied and installed pre finished powder coated flat sheets with return flashings to the top and bottom of each panel
- Silicone sealed around perimeter of new flashings to provide a secure neat finish.
- Undertook minor brickwork repairs and repointed any holes in the brick piers at high level.
- Undertook acrylic waterproof coating to tenant signage flashings.
- Reinstated tenant signage.
- Remove scaffold off site upon completion.
Leeds, LS15 8QS