The tenant instructed CPR Ltd to create 2 x structural openings to create a new access route for forklifts on the factory floor and to provide pedestrian access onto a new mezzanine floor above the existing factory.
We were asked to price the openings as per the structural engineers specification. First opening for forklift access: 3m wide x 4m high. Second opening for pedestrians: being 5m high from existing floor slab to bottom of opening. 0.9m wide and 2.1m high
Overview of Works
- Cordon off area of work. Skip on site. Scissor lift for safe working.
- Supplied and installed temporary propping to assist wall removal.
- Supplied and installed pad stones.
- Supplied and installed twined RSJ’s. RSJ’s drilled and fixed together with bolts / spacers as per engineers spec.
- Supplied and installed a deep steel flat bar above RSJ’s to bridge the cavity full length of the first structural opening.
- Removed and disposed the double skin blockwork wall to create the opening.
- We then repeated the above process for pedestrian door opening.
- Once both openings were created we supplied and installed powder coated flashings to cover the open cavities and cut blockwork.
- Removed and disposed all debris off site.
Gear4Music. Kettlestring Ln, York. YO30 4XF