We were approached to tender for the dilapidation and modernisation of a 53,000 sq. ft manufacturing and warehouse facility with two storeys of office space, constructed in the early 2000s. After a successful tender submission, we were appointed Principle Contractor for the works, where we embarked on a carefully planned and managed 12 week schedule to complete the works. The list of works covered every aspect of the building, both inside and out, requiring the collaboration and communication of several trades. We worked alongside the Contracts Administrator, outgoing tenant and incoming tenant to ensure all works were completed on schedule, within budget and to all parties satisfaction.
Overview Of Works
- Applied Cut Edge Corrosion treatment to all end laps, mid laps, rooflight heads, ridge caps and perimeter cappings to protect the roof from rusting and deterioration.
– Sealed and coated all gutter joints and surfaces with Gutter Treatment to prevent leaks and extend their lifespan.
– Thoroughly cleaned all roof lights and entirety of front elevation to restore their brightness and appearance.
– Serviced all dock levellers/loading bays, roller shutters and steel fire escape doors. Undertook necessary remedials and installed new steel fire doors where required to ensure smooth operation and safety.
– Removed and disposed of all high level lighting, radiant gas heaters, and other M+E items. Capped off all flue exits in like for like sheet cladding to ensure watertightness.
– Removed 30Lm travelling gantry crane and corresponding rails. Crane was cut up on site and removed in 3no lorry loads.
– Removed recessed wrap machine and laid new concrete slab.
– Core drilled out all bolts from racking/manufacturing machinery and repaired with epoxy resin.
– Cleaned warehouse floor with industrial road sweeper to remove dust and debris.
– Completely stripped out and refitted W/Cs. Hard wearing finishes were used to create durable and hygienic facilities, including Polysafe vinyl floor, 3mm Whiterock thermoformed wall cladding, and stainless steel sinks/urinal troughs.
- To all offices; installed new ceiling tiles, carpet tiles and LED panel Lights. Redecorated all walls, woodwork and metalwork in white and Anthracite colour scheme.
- To office W/Cs; Installed new floor tiles, sanitaryware, cubicles & vanity units. Redecorated all walls, woodwork and metalwork in white and Anthracite colour scheme.
- Installed new aluminium anthracite partitions with double glazing units to create a more modern and comfortable work environment.
- Installed isolation bags above ceiling grid for improved acoustics and sound isolation.
Euroway Industrial Park Bradford