We were instructed by the landlord to re-roof this large unit.
The location of the unit (sandwiched between two other property’s), height and pitch of the roof proved a challenge; however after careful planning the project was a success. The unit is now fully water tight, thermal qualities have improved – which will also improve the units EPC rating.
Natural light into the unit has also increased therefore reducing the cost of electrical usage inside for the new tenant.
It is our opinion that the new roof really compliments the existing steel roof structure and the high level dormant crane that was once used for moving boat components around many years ago!
Overview of Works:
- Supplied and installed Independent scaffold around perimeter to provide a safe working platform.
- Supplied and installed netting to underside of roof structure to act as fall arrest.
- Carefully stripped off and removed existing asbestos cement board roof sheets and disposed of in a responsible manor (waste transfer notification).
- Supplied and installed 80mm composite kingspan roof sheets finished in goosewing grey
- Undertook remedial brickwork repairs to gable end cut ups.
- Supplied and installed necessary ridge capping’s and flashings to gable end cut ups.
- Supplied and installed new galvanised powder coated guttering
- Carefully removed the scaffold and netting
- Cleaned down and removed all debris off site.
Fernley Green Road, Knottingley, WF11 8DH