We were invited to submit a tender for this project and subsequently gained approval.
We undertook the dilapidation works on behalf of the landlord which was managed by a Contract Administrator under a JCT contract. The unit was a typical mid terrace market town shop that had had a large flat roofed extension added on.
Our remit was to strip out all previous tenants fixtures and fittings, undertake remedial works to make the unit weather tight and create a clean bank canvas ready for a prospective new tenant.
An interesting project that took a bit of planning in terms of logistics and waste removal due to its central location.
Overview of Works
- Installation of scaffolding to allow for safe working.
- Strip and re-roof both front and rear elevations of property: including reducing the height, repointing and capping off the chimney stack.
- Re pointing of front facade stonework.
- Clean out and replace guttering where required.
- Clean off, plywood and re felt large flat roof area to rear of property.
- Clear and weed kill overgrown vegetation to the rear.
- Re decoration of shop front and windows
- Clean glazing.
- Remove and disposed of all previous tenants remaining contents and general fit out.
- Installation of new fire escape door.
- Misc. general second fix joinery.
- Internal decoration to walls, ceilings and woodwork
- Undertaking a EICR (electrical test) and subsequently updated the mains board.
- Re-carpet the first floor offices and vinyl the WC.
- General clean down prior to handover.
43 Market Pl, Pickering YO18 7AE